Eat A Healthy Breakfast
Why? Skipping it can cause your basal metabolic rate to drop significantly and eating within an hour of waking sparks the metabolic process called thermogenesis that turns the food you eat into energy.
How to do it?
- Try eating dinner earlier and not snacking after dinner so you are actually hungry when you wake up
- Wake up early enough so you have time to eat.
- Eat more than one food item for breakfast – especially if you consider coffee a food item!
- Include a protein and healthy fat so you feel more satisfied. Some favorites include avocado toast, all eggs from boiled to omelettes and frittatas, yogurt, granola with nuts, fruit, or a bowl of high fiber, whole grain cereal with fruit and nuts.
- Throw in both fruit and vegetables to pack in the nutrients and fiber.
So don’t skip breakfast! It’s important to fuel up at the start of your day.